On November 1, I set three goals. You can read the details about those goals here. I promised to report on them, so today I plan to do that and also set three more goals for the month of December.
Report on November’s Goals
- Exercise: I exercised 9 out of 21 days that I committed to.
- Fruit: I ate fresh/frozen fruit 13 out of 30 days.
- Vegetables: I ate red, orange, or green vegetables 12 out of 30 days.
So, I achieved a little less than half of what I had planned to. It’s not very fun to write that, but no matter – because it’s now a new month and I’m setting new goals! I’ll keep track like I did last month and report at the end. This time they aren’t all related to health.
- Exercise 3x’s a week. This is obviously very similar to last month’s. Only I think I might achieve it better if I commit to less days each week (especially during the busy Christmas season!).
- Drink at least 8 cups of water per day. This one always has a way of ending up as a goal every time I set some. I do well with it, and then not as much. Hopefully if I keep trying, it will become habit.
- Clean up my kitchen completely every morning first thing. Alright, so I said before that I was struggling with the whole clean kitchen thing. I was at my sister-in-law’s house over Thanksgiving and the day after I noticed that she was doing a great job with keeping up with her dishes! It was so nice to be in her clean, clutter-free kitchen. So I asked her about it, and she simply said she made it top priority. After breakfast, but before doing anything else, she cleans her kitchen. And as the day goes by, she continues washing and putting any new dishes that people used into the dishwasher, and runs/empties it as needed. She just works at it a little bit at a time all day long. This is so hard for me. By the time my family leaves for school/work and I’ve had my breakfast, I’ve already been in the kitchen about an hour and a half. And usually I have another 45 min of clean-up to do from breakfast & packing lunches. I really just want to get on with my day at this point, so I tend to go do something else and come back to it later. It’s obviously not a great habit, because “later” is usually about the time I’m ready to fix something else to eat, and I don’t enjoy preparing food in a messy kitchen. So, I’m setting this goal to start me on the path to a cleaner kitchen.
I don’t know if people usually set goals like these in December. The focus is obviously on family, friends, and festivities. But I’m thinking of how these simple goals can help me through a busy month! The first two are certain to give me better energy for the things I need to accomplish. And think of how much nicer it will be for me to do holiday cooking/baking if I can start out with a clean kitchen!
Do you have any goals this month? Or are you saving all goal-setting for January?