At the beginning of January I set several goals for the year, promising that I would report on my progress each month. So here goes:
Goal — Manage my time better.
- I took the time to think about my past efforts for setting up time management systems. I recorded on my blog what systems I’ve tried and considered in my own mind why they didn’t work well for me.
- I thought of a new system that I could try which would help me be better organized about how I was spending my time. However, I found that the system did not fit well with the reality of my life.
- I re-read part of the book, “Getting Things Done” and have begun to implement the system described in it.
Goal — Declutter my home and get organized.
- As part of the “Getting Things Done” system, I went through my file box and threw away all unnecessary papers, making room for future ones.
Goal — “Be of good cheer” more.
- I looked up the word “cheer” in the Topical Guide of the scriptures.
- I made a list of all the reasons that were given to “be of good cheer.” (Surprise, surprise, they all centered on the Savior!)
- Occasionally (but not as often as I would like) I even made a conscious effort to smile! (At home – where I tend to smile the least).
The other two goals are to take better care of my health and listen to my family better. I did not do anything extra to work towards either of these goals this month.